• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

Alabama DMV Forms

Home 9 US State 9 Alabama DMV Services 9 Alabama DMV Forms

Please see below for a series of popular Alabama DMV forms. You may also search our complete library of Alabama Motor Vehicle forms via the DMV Form Directory. For specific questions, please find your nearest Alabama vehicle licensing office or Driver License Division office, and contact them directly.

Alabama Vehicle Registration and Title Forms

Duplicate License Plate, Registration or Decals MV 40-12-265-1

Application for Replacement Credentials (Form MV 40-12-265-1): Use this form to request a replacement Alabama license plate, decal or current registration document.

Disability Access MVR 32-6-230

Application for Disability Access Parking Credentials (Form MVR 32-6-230): Be sure to obtain an official certification from a licensed physician, certified registered nurse practitioner, or certified nurse.

Application for Salvage Title MVT 41-1

Application for Salvage Certificate of Title (Form MVT 41-1): Three are complete instructions regarding how to apply for an Alabama salvage title on the second page of the form.

Alabama Power of Attorney MVT 5-13

With a completed Alabama Power of Attorney (Form MVT 5-13), you’ll be able to appoint a representative to process registration or title applications, or sell a vehicle on someone’s behalf.

Alabama Temporary Registration MVR-1

To obtain temporary registration in Alabama, you must complete the Temporary Tag Application (Form MVR-1). The cost for your temporary tag is $1.50 and remains valid for 20 days. Your Alabama DOR official can issue up to 3 temporary tags, not to exceed 60 days.

Alabama Driver License Forms

Duplicate Driver License or Identification Card for Out-of-State Renewals DL-100

The Application for a Renewal or Duplicate License for Alabama Drivers Temporarily Out of State (Form DL-100) is intended for drivers who cannot visit an office in person to renew their license, get a duplicate license, or get a non-driver identification card.

Alabama Change of Address DL-99

The Driver License or Identification Card Change of Address (Form DL-99) allows an Alabama resident with a valid driver license or identification card to update their address free of charge.

Graduated Driver License Form DL-31

This is the Graduated Driver License Form (GDL Form DL-31) is a brief form that certifies the completion for an Alabama driver education course, behind-the-wheel training, and allows you to drive without supervision. This form applies to those who have their graduated licenses. You’ll need to have your parent or legal guardian sign the form.

Alabama Driver Record Request (3 Years)

Complete the Request for Individual Driver Abstract to view the last 3 years of driving history in Alabama. You may request a driver abstract in Alabama by mail, in person and online. The AL driving record fee is $5.75 each. There are other online third-party driving abstract providers.

You may also submit this form by mail, or in person with the Alabama Department of Public Safety at any Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) office.

Alabama CDL Self Certification Affidavit

The Self-Certification Affidavit form allows commercial drivers to inform the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) of the details about their commercial driving operations. Depending on your type of commercial operation, you may need to submit a current DOT medical card/certificate with your form and ensure it is on file with the ALEA.

AL Accident Forms

Safety Responsibility Claim SR-31

The Alabama Accident Claim Form (Form SR-31) may help you get compensation for a crash if the responsible party initially refuses. Use this form if the accident caused death, personal injury, or property damage to any one owner in excess of $500 by an uninsured motorist.

Request for Alabama Motor Vehicle Record

Authorized third-parties may request an individual’s driver license records with the use of the Request for Motor Vehicle Record. The form lists various types of authorized personnel and other requirements when submitting this form, such as written proof of consent (if applicable).

Proof of Liability Insurance SR-21

If you have been in an accident, you can submit Proof of Liability Insurance (Form SR-21) to prove you had valid liability insurance. You’ll need the insurance provider name, policy number, policy dates, as well as your vehicle information and case number.

Once you complete the SR-21 form, you can return to:

Alabama Law Enforcement AgencySafety Responsibility Unit
PP.O. Box 1471
Montgomery, AL 36102-1471

Please call 334-242-4222 if you have any questions.

Crash Report Request

The ALEA provides Crash Reports for $15. You may purchase one online or in person at any ALEA Driver License Office. The Alabama Uniform Traffic Crash Report form allows you to request detailed information about a crash that you were involved in.

Complete the form and submit it along with your $15 fee to:

Alabama Law Enforcement AgencyCrash Reports
P.O. Box 1471
Montgomery, AL 36102-1472

Suspended License Forms

Alabama General Release SR-58

The General Release (Form SR-58) releases you from liability if you have reimbursed the other party in the accident in full. You may not cancel this release. You do not need a notary if there were two witnesses above 18 years old (other than the two parties negotiating the release).

Alabama Conditional Release SR-59

The AL Conditional Release (Form SR-59) keeps your driver license from being suspended if you are currently making payments to an affected party as a result of an accident.

Alabama Reinstatement Requirements DR-46a

If you need to know what the requirements are for the reinstatement of your license, you can use and complete the Alabama Reinstatement Requirements (Form DR-46a).


The IRS W-9 Form allows you to submit details about your Alabama license reinstatement fee so you can get a refund.

Hardship License Application DL-22

The Alabama Hardship License Application (Form DL-22) allows you to apply for an Alabama hardship driver license if you are not eligible for an ordinary driver license. You may submit your application by email, via the fax, or by mail.

Via Email: hardship.license@alea.govFax: 334-353-9988
By Mail:
ALEA Driver License Division
Hardship License Unit
PO Box 1471
Montgomery, AL 36102

No Court Action Statement SR-33

The No court Action Statement (Form SR-33) is for drivers who have had their licenses suspended under the Safety Responsibility Law. If they have not been sued and 2 years or more has passed since the accident, they may request a license reinstatement using this form.

Submit the form by mail to:

PO BOX 1471
MONTGOMERY AL 36102-1471

For more specific information about your situation, please call 334-242-4222.

Miscellaneous Alabama Forms

Lifetime History Request – CDL Employer or Prospective Employer

In Alabama, an employer of CDL drivers or a prospective employer can use this form to request an individual’s full driving history in Alabama. For CDL and Prospective CDL Drivers Only. It is called the EMPLOYER REQUEST FOR LIFETIME DRIVING RECORD.

School Enrollment/Exclusion DL-93

The Alabama Enrollment/Exclusion (Form DL-93) allows you to submit proof of your school enrollment or of your exclusion from the school enrollment requirement. This applies to drivers between the ages of 15 years old and 19 years old.

Please refer to the second page of the document for further information.

State BAR Abstract Request

If you are planning to take the Alabama state BAR and you need a driver abstract, you can use the Request for Driver Abstract for the State Bar Form to request it.

Last Verified:
Mar 30, 2023