• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

Arizona Address Change

Home 9 US State 9 Arizona DMV Services 9 Arizona Address Change

Address Changes in Arizona 101

According to Arizona law, all driver license and ID card holders must report any change of address to the Arizona MVD within 10 days of this change happening. In order to change your address, you can do it online at the AZ MVD Now website. Alternatively, you can reach out to the MVD over the phone to do it. You can also visit your local Arizona MVD branch office to report a change of address.

The MVD will ask you to provide your name, date of birth, and driver license or ID card number. You can change your address for free in the state of Arizona. You can even be cited by law enforcement if you fail to report your change of address to the MVD within 10 days of said change. Changing your address on MVD records automatically changes the address on your driver’s license record and on each vehicle record where you are supposed to get the registration.

Changing My Address If I Am Moving within Arizona

If you move within the state of Arizona, you have 10 days after moving in order to report a change of address to the Arizona MVD. You can fill out the online change of address form here. This is the same form you use if you want to legally change your name in Arizona. You will have to know your driver’s license number in addition to the last four digits of your Social Security Number. As stated previously, changing your address is free. However, you will have to pay $12 for a replacement driver’s license that includes your new address.

Changing My Address If I Am Moving to Arizona from Out-of-State

There are several things you’ll have to do if you are moving to Arizona from another state. A few of those are registering your out-of-state vehicle and getting an Arizona driver’s license. You will also have to establish residency in Arizona and transfer your out-of-state driver’s license so you can legally drive in the state.

You have to first establish a physical presence in the state of Arizona and then you have to demonstrate intent to establish your new home in the state. It is also a good idea to register to vote in Arizona. The requirements for voter eligibility in Arizona are as follows:

  1. S. citizenship
  2. Residency in the Arizona county listed on your registration
  3. At least 18 years old on or before the date of the next general election

Changing My Address If I Am Moving from Arizona

If you are moving from Arizona to another state without a registered vehicle, you do not have to notify Arizona Motor Vehicle Services. However, if you are moving to another state with a registered vehicle, you should let Arizona Motor Vehicle Services know so you don’t get charged Arizona property taxes unnecessarily. You will have to send a copy of your vehicle’s registration in whichever state you moved from Arizona to and you should submit it to:

Arizona Department of Transportation – Motor Vehicles Division
4005 North 51st Avenue
MD 555M
Phoenix, AZ 85031

You do not have to return your Arizona license plates. If you wish to do so, you can give them back by mail to the above address.

What if I Have Questions?
You can call Arizona Motor Vehicle Services with any questions at 602-255-0072 if you’re in the Phoenix area or at 520-629-9808 if you’re in the Tucson area. For those living outside of those areas but in Arizona, you can call Arizona MVD at 800-251-5866. You can also email the Arizona Department of Transportation here if you prefer. The Arizona Motor Vehicles Division is open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. You should have your driver’s license number ready if you decide to call the Arizona MVD.

Last Verified:
Mar 3, 2023