• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

Arkansas Address Change

Home 9 US State 9 Arkansas DMV Services 9 Arkansas Address Change
( people found this content useful.) 3 min read

What Are the Basics?

Whenever you decide to move, whether you stay in state or are coming to Arkansas for the first time, you do need to let the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration know about the move. You will change your address directly with the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration’s Driver Services and Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV).

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving Within Arkansas

If you are moving within Arkansas, you can change your address online, in person, or by mail. Online, use the DFA’s myDMV portal to change your address. You can also go to the local DFA in person to change your address.

To change your address by mail, you should send a completed Change of Address Form for Arkansas Motor Vehicle and Driver’s License to:

Driver ServicesP.O. Box 1272 Little Rock, AR 72203

If you change your address in person or online, you will need to provide specific information such as:
  • Your previous address
  • Your new address
  • Your license issue and expiration date
  • Your date of birth
  • Your ID or license card number
  • Your full name as it appears on your driver’s license
If you need a new copy of your license, you can get it for $10.

How Long Do I Have to Complete This?

You have 30 days to update your address. You don’t need to get a new license but have the option.

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving To Arkansas from Another State?

When you move to Arkansas for the first time, you will need to inform the Arkansas DFA of your new address. You have only 30 days to get an Arkansas driver’s license and must transfer and register any vehicles you have in the state with the OMV as well. To change your address, you need to visit the DFA in person.

How Long Do I Have to Complete This?

You have 30 days from the time of your move to get an Arkansas license or to change the address on your license.

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving From Arkansas?

If you move out of Arkansas, remember to turn in your license plates. You can take them to your local Arkansas OMV office. You should reach out to the Arkansas DFA if you move out of the state, so that your new address can be updated. You can update it in person while you’re still in the state or use the myDMV online application to change your address once you’ve moved out of the state.

Who Do I Call With Questions?

The number for the Arkansas OMV is (501) 682-4692.

How useful was this content?

Click on a star to rate it!

Since you found this page useful...

Share it on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Last Verified:
Aug 9, 2022