• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

Kansas Driving Record

Home 9 US State 9 Kansas DMV Services 9 Kansas Driving Record

How To Obtain Your Kansas Driving Record

You can obtain your Kansas driving record by ordering it from the Kansas Division of Vehicles. You can submit an order for your driving record if you have a Kansas driver’s license or commercial driver’s license. You mail the order in. You can obtain a driver’s license status online.

Applying to Get the Driving Record

First, determine whether you need a complete record or only a status, which includes only a summary. If a summary will suffice, you can obtain the record online.

If you need a full record, you fill out a Request to Access Vehicle Records form. You will need to give a code describing your eligibility to access the record. The code to access your own record is A. You must be sure to request the records using your name and address exactly as they appear on your driver’s license; otherwise, the system will be unable to find a match.

You mail the form, along with a check or money order for $10, to:

Kansas Department of Revenue Driver SolutionsP.O. Box 2021
Topeka, KS 66601-2021

Fees for Getting Your Driving Record and Payment Methods

The fees for getting your driving record varies based on what kind of driving record you are getting. Obtaining a status is free. A complete driving record is $10.

Types of Driving Records

A driver’s license status check will tell you whether your license is active, suspended, canceled, restricted, or revoked. The BOV also does not guarantee that the records are always timely. If you check your status and discover that your license has been restricted, revoked, or suspended, you should call Driver Solutions immediately at 785-296-3671. Driver Solutions will help you determine what you must do to have your driving privileges restored.

A complete driving record will list the offenses that you have been convicted of. Minor offenses, such as speeding or failure to yield the right-of-way, only stay on your driving record for three years. Major offenses stay on your record for five years. Some offenses, such as driving under the influence, remain on your record for life. So, if you were convicted of speeding 12 miles over the speed limit 2 1/2 years ago, it will still be on your record. However, if the conviction were 3 1/2 years ago, that conviction would no longer be on your record.

Convictions are listed on your driving record using codes, so you’ll want to examine the record using a list of codes. The list also identifies the offense as minor or major or as a non-moving violation, such as failure to use your seatbelt. Only moving violations count as strikes against your license. In Kansas, a third moving violation within a 12-month period typically results in suspension of your driver’s license.

Last Verified:
Dec 29, 2022