The main office of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles is in Augusta and is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Maine has official Bureau of Motor Vehicles branch locations that handle all transactions, including driver’s license and vehicle titling and registration. They also have mobile units that also provide full service during limited hours. Maine residents also can use AAA offices for license and ID card renewals.
BMV Branch Locations
Branch offices are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on legal holidays. These offices are located in:
Mobile Unit Locations
Motor Vehicle Mobile Unit locations are closed on legal holidays. Their locations and schedule are:
- Ashland Town Office from noon to 2 p.m. on the Monday preceding the 3rd Tuesday in February, April, June, Aug, October, and December
- Belfast at the Methodist Church at 23 Mill Lane, from 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the second Tuesday
- Bingham Municipal Building from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the second Tuesday
- Bridgton Town Office from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday and first and last Thursday
- Danforth Town Office from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Monday preceding the third Tuesday in January, March, May, July, September, and November
- Dover-Foxcroft in the American Legion Hall at 112 Park St. from 9:30 a.m. to noon and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the first and last Wednesday
- Farmington at the Elks Lodge at 120 School Street, West Farmington from 9:30 a.m to 1 p.m.and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the first and last Wednesday
- Fort Kent Municipal Building at 416 W. Main St. from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.on the third Tuesday except that it opens at 1 p.m. on days following a Monday holiday
- Houlton Fire Department from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4:30 on the Thursday following the third Tuesday and 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the following Friday
- Jackman Town Office from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the last Tuesday of the month
- Lincoln at the First Congregational Church at 19 School St. from 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the first and last Thursday
- Machias at the Telecommunications Center at 17 Stackpole Road from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the first Tuesday
- Madawaska at the Safety Complex Building from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the Wednesday following the third Tuesday
- Millinocket at the American Legion Hall at 970 Outer Central St. from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the second and last Tuesday
- Pittsfield Municipal Building from 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the first and second Friday
- Skowhegan at the Community Center, 39 Poulin Drive, from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the second Monday, first Tuesday, and second Wednesday
- South Paris at the Trinity Lutheran Church 34 Buckfield Road, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the last Monday
- Staceyville Town Office, 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the second Wednesday
- Winslow at the Congregational Church, 12 Lithgow St., 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the first Monday and the second and fourth Friday
AAA locations are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. They are in:
- South Portland
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?