• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

Massachusetts Address Change

Home 9 US State 9 Massachusetts DMV Services 9 Massachusetts Address Change
If you are coming to Massachusetts to live for the first time or are just moving within the state, you need to let the state know. Contacting the RMV is easy if you follow the steps below.

What Are the Basics?

When you move to Massachusetts, you need to report your new address and change of address within 30 days.

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving Within Massachusetts?

If you are moving within Massachusetts, you need to notify the RMV. You do this online, in person, or by phone.
To change your address online, go to the Massachusetts Change of Address website. There, you will give the state your:
  • MA driver’s license or ID card number
  • Email address
  • New address within Massachusetts
  • Last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
In Person
To change your address in person, complete form LIC100, which is the Driver’s License, Learner’s Permit or ID Card Application. If you are moving a vehicle, also include your license plate number on the form. Then, take this form to your local RMV office.
By Phone
By phone, call the RMV at: Call at any time during the normal workweek between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
How Long Do I Have to Complete This?
You must complete the change form within 30 days of your move.

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving To Massachusetts from Another State?

Whether you are someone new to the state of Massachusetts or you moved within the state, you will follow the same protocols. You need to report your address change within 30 days to the Department of Transportation Registry of Motor Vehicles. You will be able to update your ID card, license, vehicle title, and vehicle registration when you update your address.

How Long Do I Have to Complete This?

You need to change your address within 30 days of moving.

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving From Massachusetts?

You do not need to tell Massachusetts’s RMV if you leave unless you are taking your vehicle and moving. If you need to cancel your plates/vehicle registration, you should do so online. If you are not staying out of the state but need to convert your out-of-state vehicle registration, complete the Application for Registration and Title Form and take it to your local RMV branch before moving.

Who Do I Call With Questions?

The phone number for the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles is (800) 858-3926.
Last Verified:
Aug 22, 2022