• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

Minnesota DMV Forms

Home 9 US State 9 Minnesota DMV Services 9 Minnesota DMV Forms
( people found this content useful.) 4 min read

Application for Duplicate License Plates And/Or Stickers

As you know, getting license plates is an important part of the process of being able to legally operate a vehicle in the state of Minnesota. However, you might need duplicate license plates at some point in your Minnesota residency. If so, you can request them from Minnesota Driver and Vehicles Services. They handle such requests. You can find this form here. You simply have to fill it out and pay the required fees in order to get your duplicate license plates in Minnesota.

Affidavit for Repossession and Title Application

Different states have different requirements when it comes to the repossession of motor vehicles. In Minnesota, you can title the vehicle in your name after you repossess it if you wish to do so. However, you are not required to do so if you already have the Minnesota title in your position. If you are a private individual and you fill out this application, you have to include your date of birth and driver’s license number. You can check out this form, which is the Affidavit for Repossession and Title Application found here. You do have to complete it fully and submit it to the Minnesota Driver and Vehicles Services. You have to complete this form and submit it along with the applicable fees to the following address:
Minnesota Department of Public SafetyDriver and Vehicle Services
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 187
St. Paul, Minnesota 55101-5187

Application to Title and Register a Motor Vehicle

As in any other state, you do have to register and get a legal title for a motor vehicle in order to operate it legally in Minnesota. You do only have a limited amount of time to get a certificate of title from the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. You have to fill out and submit this form within 10 days of the date of sale to obtain the certificate of title. The Application to Title and Register A Motor Vehicle is relatively straightforward and you must complete it in full before submitting it. The fees for this application can vary. You should know that you do have to include the correct odometer information on the day that you fill out this form.

Affidavit to Correct the Ownership Record of a Motor Vehicle

This is a form that is less commonly used in any state, including Minnesota. However, it is necessary if you need to change the odometer reading, the listed buyer of a vehicle in a vehicle sale, and if you want to cancel a vehicle sale and receive a refund. You have to submit this form within 90 days of the initial sale date to get a refund. Here is the Affidavit to Correct the Ownership Record of a Motor Vehicle.

Application for Duplicate Title, Registration, Cab, or Lien Card

It is entirely possible to lose the title of your vehicle. If so, you will need to get a duplicate title. You can also use this form to get a duplicate of your vehicle registration, if necessary. You can obtain a duplicate vehicle title from Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services by filling out and submitting the Application for Duplicate Title, Registration, Cab, or Lien Card.

How useful was this content?

Click on a star to rate it!

Since you found this page useful...

Share it on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Last Verified:
Aug 23, 2022