• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

Nevada Address Change

Home 9 US State 9 Nevada DMV Services 9 Nevada Address Change
( people found this content useful.) 4 min read

What Are the Basics?

If you are moving into or out of Nevada, you do need to let the Department of Motor Vehicles know. The state does not accept any address change by email, so you will need to complete the address chance online through your MyDMV account or in person at a local DMV.

You have only 30 days to let the DMV know that you have moved, so it’s important to start this process as soon as you get to your new home.

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving Within Nevada?

If you are moving within the state, you can complete your change of address form in person at any local DMV office. You will receive a new license, and your vehicle records will be updated. Registration Certificates, if you need them, can be issued at the office.

There are fees for changing your address at the DMV. The base fee is $4.25 for a new license with an address change. Other fees are:

  • $9.25 for a driver’s license with REAL ID
  • $8.25 for an ID card
  • $13.25 for a commercial license

You do not need to purchase an updated Registration Certificate, as they are optional. If you choose to buy one, it is $6 for each vehicle. You are allowed to write your new address on the current certificate in lieu of a new certificate.

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving To Nevada?

If you are moving to Nevada, you can change your address by logging in and making a MyDMV account. You can also send your complete DMV change of address form to:

Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711

If you would prefer to fax the form, you can fax the completed form to (775) 684-4829.

You will need:

  • An application for driving privileges or your current license
  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of your Social Security Number
  • Proof of Nevada address (two documents, such as these

How Do I Change My Address If I Am Moving Out of Nevada?

If you are moving out of state, you have 30 days to notify the DMV. Complete the Change of Address Notification by Mail form, form DMV 22, and return it to the DMV at:

Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711

Who Do I Call With Questions?

If you have questions about updating your address, making payments to the DMV, or other information about your address change, you can contact:

  • Reno/Sparks/Carson City (775) 684-4DMV (4368)
  • Las Vegas area (702) 486-4DMV (4368)
  • Rural Nevada or Out of State (877) 368-7828

You will be directed to the correct DMV so long as you use the specific number given above.

How useful was this content?

Click on a star to rate it!

Since you found this page useful...

Share it on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Last Verified:
May 20, 2023