• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

Oklahoma Address Change

Home 9 US State 9 Oklahoma DMV Services 9 Oklahoma Address Change

If you are an Oklahoma resident with an Oklahoma driver’s license or a state-issued ID, you must notify the state when you move to a new residential address within the state. If you move to Oklahoma from another state where you were licensed to drive, you will have to obtain an Oklahoma driver’s license. The following information will help you to ensure your Oklahoma residential information is current and accurate on your driver’s license or state ID card.

What Are the Basics?

The Oklahoma Department of Safety (DPS) processes all address change requests in the state. Some address changes are done remotely while others require a visit to a DPS licensing center. A fee applies, which you must pay prior to completion of the address change. Anyone found driving on an out-of-state license but who has resided in a new Oklahoma address for more than 10 consecutive days could be fined for not changing his or her address.

How do I Change My Address if I am Moving Within Oklahoma?

If you are moving from one residence to another within the state, you can report your new address to the DPS by visiting a service center or authorized agent. You also can mail your address change to the DPS at:

Oklahoma DPS
Driver License Services
PO Box 11415
Oklahoma City, OK 73136-0415


You will need to provide your old address as listed on your driver’s license or state-issued ID card. You also will need to provide the new address. Address changes are free, but you must pay a $25 fee is you want a new license issued with the address change.

How Long do I have to Complete This?

Oklahoma law requires you to notify the state and initiate a change of address within 10 days of establishing your new residential address. That timeframe applies to current residents as well as new ones. The state will process address change requests made after the 10-day period expires and will not assess additional fees or penalties.

How do I Change My Address if I am Moving to Oklahoma from Another State?

When you move to Oklahoma from another state, you must provide proof of residency and surrender your driver’s license or ID card issued in another state. You will have to visit either an Oklahoma DPS licensing center or an authorized agent, which will charge $25 to issue a new license.

You can provide proof of residency with a lease or mortgage agreement, utility bill or a paycheck indicating the Oklahoma address. You can pay the $25 fee with a personal check, money order, cashier’s check, credit card or debit card. The DPS and its authorized agents do not accept cash payments.

How Long do I Have to Complete This?

The state of Oklahoma requires new residents to initiate a change of address within 10 days of establishing their residences in the state. The state will process changes of address beyond the 10-day deadline without charging additional fees.

Last Verified:
Aug 27, 2022