• Find DMV Offices
  • Find Service Providers
  • U.S. Passports

West Virginia DMV Forms

Home 9 US State 9 West Virginia DMV Services 9 West Virginia DMV Forms
Depending on what you want to do with your vehicle, you may need to fill out forms to submit to the state. It’s normal to use these forms to get a new license, to release a lien or to get duplicates of paperwork that was misplaced, lost or stolen. All of the forms are available on the forms web page at the West Virginia DMV. You can search by category. So, if you are looking for driver’s forms, search the driver’s form section instead of searching by vehicle forms. These and other forms are available online, or you can go into your local West Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles office to pick up the forms you need. Some are also available on WV DMV kiosks.

Release of Lien

The Release of Lien form is form DMV-12-A-TR and may be needed if you plan to sell your vehicle while a lien is still in place. You may also need this if you will be requesting a duplicate of your title.

Duplicate Registration/Decal/Plate

If you need a duplicate of your vehicle’s registration, license plate or decals, you should fill out form DMV-32-TR to get one.

Application for Transfer of a License Plate

To transfer a license plate, you will need to let the DMV know you plan to switch it to a new vehicle. Use the Application for Transfer of a License Plate form, form DMV-44A-TR to do so.

Affidavit for Duplicate Title for a Vehicle or Watercraft

Using the Affidavit for Duplicate Title for a Vehicle or Watercraft, you can request a duplicate title for your vehicle or watercraft if yours has gone missing. This is form number DMV-4-TR.

Odometer Certification

If you need to prove the odometer reading through a certification, use form number DMV-TM-1 to file an Odometer Certification with the state.

Vision Specialist’s Exam Results Certification

The Vision Specialist’s Exam Results Certification helps prove that your vision is good enough to drive or that you need a disability placard. Use form DLAB-11.

50-Hour Certification Log for Driver’s License Applicants Under Age 18

For people under the age of 18, the 50-hour certification log is a necessary part of getting a license for the first time. Use this log, form DMV-10-GDL, to certify that you have enough hours to get a license.

Application for a Driver’s License or Identification Card

Use the Application for a Driver’s License or Identification Card form to get your license. This is form DMV-DS-23P.

Affidavit of West Virginia Residency

There are times when you may need to prove that you are a resident of West Virginia. You can use the Affidavit of West Virginia Residency, form Res/Aff, to do this.

Last Verified:
Sep 17, 2022