Renewing your Alabama auto registration is fast and easy with DMVGO.com. You can renew your vehicle registration at our secure website in just a few minutes.
To begin, you will need to have the following information on hand:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- License Plate Number
- Current registration renewal notice
- Credit card for payment
Once you have all of the necessary information gathered and ready to go, follow these steps:
- 1. Visit www.dmvgo.com and click on “Register Your Vehicle”
2. On the “Vehicle Registration Renewal” page, fill in your vehicle information and select “Alabama” as the state
3. Enter the VIN and license plate number from your renewal notice, then enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number (if applicable)
4. Review all of the information that you have entered for accuracy before continuing to payment
5. Select your payment method (credit card, PayPal, etc.) and enter the necessary information to complete your transaction
6. After submitting payment, you will receive a confirmation page which includes a receipt for your records
7. You should also receive an email confirming your registration renewal with details about when it was processed and when it will expire. Make sure to keep this email for your records.
8. Once you have completed these steps, your registration renewal is complete! You will receive new plates (if needed) in the mail within 10 business days from the date of processing. If you do not receive them after that time period, please get in touch with our customer service team for assistance. Thank you for using DMVGO to renew your registration!
Congratulations! You’ve successfully renewed your vehicle registration. Your new registration sticker will arrive in the mail within 15-20 days, but you can also print a temporary permit immediately by following these steps:
Log in to My Alabama DMV
- Go to alabama.gov/dmv, then click on the link for My Alabama DMV.
- Enter your license plate number and zip code under “Login” on the page’s left side, then click “Log In.”
Renew Your Vehicle Registration
To renew your vehicle registration, visit the Alabama Department of Revenue website.
Suppose you have an expired registration and need to renew it immediately. In that case, you can do so at any county courthouse in Alabama by paying a $5 late fee (in addition to any other fees).
To register a vehicle for the first time, follow these steps:
- Find out whether your car needs an inspection sticker or not; if so, get one from an authorized inspector within 30 days of buying or leasing the car or truck in question. Then bring both that inspection sticker and proof of ownership (such as a bill of sale) when applying for new license plates at an AL DMV location near where you live
Renew Your Boat registration
If you are renewing your boat registration, you must have the same information as when you purchased the boat. To renew by mail and online, use our Alabama Boater’s Guide. If you prefer to visit us in person, please visit one of our field offices in Alabama.
Renew a Mobile Home Decal
- Mobile homes are required to have a decal.
- Decals are issued by the county tax assessor’s office, who will also accept your renewal application.
- Mobile home decals expire on December 31 of even-numbered years and must be renewed at the same time as vehicle registration if you choose to do so (see below).
There are Multiple Ways to Renew Your Vehicle Registration
Online: You can register your vehicle online but must have a valid Alabama driver’s license. If you choose this option, a $1 fee will be charged for processing your renewal.
By mail: Mailing in their paperwork is another option for those who would rather not go through the hassle of renewing their registration in person at a DMV office or tag agency. However, it is important that they keep their receipt until they receive confirmation from the DMV that everything has been processed successfully on their end–this way if there are any issues with payments being made or other discrepancies on record due to human error (or any other reason), then there will be proof available so as not to delay getting back on track with regular business operations again!
The My Alabama DMV website is the easiest way to renew your vehicle registration. You can also renew by mail or in person at any local county clerk’s office. The process takes about 15 minutes, and you’ll get an instant confirmation once the state has processed your renewal.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?